Monday, September 21, 2009

"Ready, Set, WAIT!"

I feel like that is what I hear at school the past few days.  It is always difficult to start a new school year, but just when I was starting to get into a routine we have the "tri-fecta" this week:  NWEA testing (which alters every schedule), our first scheduled late-start for PLC work, and Homecoming activities.  So, the lesson schedule that was ready to kick off this week has been delayed.  We even lose a day of 7th grade rehearsal on Tuesday because we don't have "7th period" on that day!!!

I have been looking forward to starting lessons; it will help me to hear each new 7th grader and start to know them as individual people.  I will also be able to reconnect with the 8th graders.  Until then, if anyone would like a lesson or needs some help with anything please stop in an schedule time with me.  There are new people in the bands that would really like to work with and get to know.

I look forward to next week when the phrase will change to "Ready, Set, GO!"

No comments: